Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's over! Part 2

Another thing that is over is the 6E class chalet held on the 25th to 27th Nov at Costa Sands Downtown East. Hahahaha every time I think of Downtown East, I think of the "Quotes of Brian Lee". Miss 433 a lot!

First Day
Met the guys at Causeway at 12.40? Sorry for being late guys! Was held back for a while. Anyway took a bus to somewhere, and then took the MRT to Pasir Ris and walked to the chalet. Finally met Abraham for the first time ever since that fateful day. (It's also fated that I'm unable to remember which day that was.) Along the way, found out from Cheryl that Costa Sands actually has self check-in counters! Woops, so Cheryl's dad made a wasted trip, cos he was supposed to help us draw key. Sorry uncle!

Yeps, so finally checked into the room. We were all expecting something a lot bigger, but it was just a small room, with one toilet, one t.v., two beds plus 2 pull out mattresses. After settling in which is basically dumping all the stuff somewhere and sitting down, the t.v. came on cos I wanted to watch the 2.30 to 3.30 show on channel 8. Not that I understand what they're saying, it's just the princess is very cute! Especially when she smiles! Hahaha seriously! (Go watch it! Every weekday) :D So while everyone was thinking of things to do, I was watching the show and thinking of things to do (As in at the chalet, not to the princess). Initial plan was to go to Escape but it was getting kinda late, and they wanted to wait for others. So we went over to E Hub.

The girls went to sit on the indoor Ferris wheel which I guess can be quite fun if you tried to throw something upwards and timing it such that you can catch it back once you reached the highest point. The guys went bowling since there was nothing else to do. Played 2 games each. Saw Zenn and Samuel there as well. They were having their own tuition chalet. The girls disappeared for a while, think they went to eat. After finishing the bowling games, we went back to the room to play cards. I wanted to watch the "Ten Brothers" show on channel 8 but Lim Ying wanted to watch some show on channel U, so I let her have the t.v. while I went to study for the upcoming Diploma exam on Friday. Managed to finish Hofstede's Model and Porter's 5 forces.

Dinner was at the food court. Tried the Pineapple Fried Rice, recommended by Seiyee. It's quite nice. We were discussing why the guy at the stall gave him more, a nicer looking pot and a pot that doesn't spin each time you push it. Hahahaha we were quite bored.
Just then, we spotted some Xinmin people and asked Matthew to go over and say hi. He was like "No, then they will ask me where's Christabel?" There was a short pause as he kinda realised he just shot himself in the foot. Right up till then, I had no inkling about anyone called Christabel. Seiyee and I kinda realised that as well and started pestering him about it. Hahahahaha what a nice dinner topic.

Yeps, so after dinner, it was back to the chalet to play cards. Cheryl and Limying wanted to go night cycling. I had to decide between night cycling and studying. Finally decided on night cycling. Couldn't let the girls go out alone so late at night. Managed to persuade Seiyee to come along as well. Aik Hwee followed as well. So the 5 of us set off on a magical journey to far away Narnia. *cough* Sorry deviated for a while. Yea along the way, we met Zhiheng who gave us directions to go and rent the bikes. Thanks to him, we managed to find the bike rental shop.

Along the way, the whole usual ghost/spooky stuff came out but nothing actually happened. At the shop, we took quite a while to decide on the bikes cos there were few bikes left for us to rent and the owners didn't wanna take the clean ones out. I ended up with a bike that had a baby seat attached to it, Cheryl had this old WWII bike, Seiyee had a bike that didn't brake properly. So we set off for the park. Basically we just cycled around till they passed the playground where the rest wanted to go play the swings. I didn't follow though cos I hate sand so just paced around revising Hofstede's Model and Porter's 5 forces. While I was revising, this little cat came up to me, and went between my legs. I could tell it was a female, cos it was attracted to me! XD Hahahaha Cheryl and Aik Hwee came over and Aik Hwee started scaring the cat. Poor cat. Cheryl was trying to look at the cat while Aik Hwee was scaring it away. So the cat went on its way, cos evidently it thought that survival was more important than an attraction towards a human male. I guess that's what they call "Fatal Attraction". :D It's like natural selection, survival of the most adaptable.

So we cycled all the way back to the chalet where Seiyee and I had to haul up the bikes to the second floor. Had a little problem with Cheryl's bike cos it had a weird design. Took a while to figure the best way to lock the bikes. But finally night cycling was over and we headed back inside where the rest were still playing cards. Hahahaha I never could understand all that obsession with bridge; maybe it's because after you know how to cheat, any game will lose its flavour quickly.
Yeps, took my bath and spent quite a while persuading Seiyee to bathe, which he was reluctant to, even after night cycling. Hahaha

Then it was time to sleep. The girls took the bed while the guys mattresses. Tzehan, Aik Hwee and I were supposed to share one mattress. It was a very weird sleeping position as the wall prevented me from extending my legs fully. Aik Hwee, being small sized, had no problems curling up and taking half the mattress. Tze Han and I had to share the other half. I couldn't really sleep much throughout the night cos before I even droop off, Aik Hwee started snoring very loudly. I kept poking Tzehan to poke him, but I guess Tzehan was already sleeping so the message didn't get conveyed. Had to wake up a few times to reach over and nudge Aik Hwee. His snoring will stop for a while and before you can say "Snoring Sally Sells Super Slippery Sea Shells by the Seashore", the snoring will start all over again.
Besides it wasn't just the snoring; I had to sleep with my legs crossed. Imagine sitting cross legged, lean back and then hold it for 4 hours. It should be included as some advanced yoga position for its level of technical difficulty plus mental grit. I think I'll call it the half cleistogamous flower position. :)

Day 2 above!

Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home